How do I clean the washing bag?June 1, 2018
What can I use the Guppyfriend Detergent for?June 16, 2018
WHO TESTED THE BAG?
The bag was tested for a period of three years by scientific institutes, universities, representatives of the outdoor- and fashion industry and retailers. These tests serve as a basis for offering the Guppyfriend Washing Bag to their clients as a temporary solution for micro plastic pollution. Mainly, we have tested the Washing Bag with the following scientific and independent institutes:
- German Textile Research Institute, DTNW
- Fraunhofer Institut UMSICHT
- University of California in Santa Barbara as part of a Patagonia research program
WHAT ARE THE RESULTS
The Guppyfriend washing bag reduces fiber loss during washing in two ways:
- The Guppyfriend Washing Bag reduces the amount of breaking fibers significantly. The Fraunhofer Institute UMSICHT has confirmed an average amount of a) 79% for partly synthetic clothes, b) 86% from completely synthetic textiles. The lifetime of the apparel is extended.
- Fibrous residues and lints caused by washing are retained by the Guppyfriend and therefore do not pollute the waste water. The determined fiber retention capacity in all test was above 90%, -mostly close to 100%. Nanoparticles, like production residues, often found on cheaper textiles can not be hold back by the Guppyfriend Washing Bag.
FURTHER TEST RESULTS
- No toxic additives or harmful substances where found on the product.
- Even after 50 washing cycles the bag and all seams are intact (ISO 6330). The bag itself does not lose any synthetic fibers (the Guppyfriend Washing Bag can be used for more than the tested 50 washing cycles when applied correctly)
- Cleanliness after washing: blood, ketchup and chocolate could be washed out properly, the washing degree towards skin fat and clay is sufficient.
- The amount of fibers that are found in the bag depends on washing conditions and clothing itself
TO SUM UP
The Guppyfriend reduces the fibers breaking significantly, those fibers that do break are hold back reliably, the clothes get clean and -if correctly applied- the Guppyfriend keeps harmful microplastic from entering our rivers and oceans for a long time.
To the test