How does the bag also hold fibers that are even smaller than the tiny openings?June 1, 2018
Does the Washing Bag have an impact on the other clothes in the washing machine?June 1, 2018
As a part of a test program, the Fraunhofer Institute UMSICHT has confirmed that the Guppyfriend Washing Bag not only reliably retains microfibers, but also protects the textiles: Compared to washing without the Guppyfriend Washing Bag, 86% fewer fibers shed from synthetic textiles.
These are the applied washing conditions:
- 40° C, 99 min, 800 rpm
- Parallel washing cycles in two identical machines, at least 3 test repetitions for calculating the average of the value measured (mean).
- Use of synthetic clothing duplicates
- Filtration of the entire wash water via sieving cascade to 20 microns
- Drying of the laundry and the screen residue in moderate conditions (30°C, circulating air, cover)
- Before and after weighing of the textiles and sieve residue to determine the respective textile abrasion